The Osteo Health Clinic at Baldwin Bone & Joint is committed to keeping you in the game of a healthy and active life by providing comprehensive, patient-centered care for optimal bone health. Led by clinic coordinator Holly Scott, CRNP, the Osteo Health Clinic specializes in the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis and related bone conditions.
As we age, issues like osteoporosis can cause our bones to weaken, which could lead to fractures if left untreated. This is a specific problem for women over 50 and post-menopausal women, as numerous studies have shown half of all women in those groups are likely to have a broken bone due to osteoporosis.
Twenty-five percent of men over the age of 50 will have the same problem. Too many times, osteoporosis goes undiagnosed until a fracture occurs.
But this does not have to be the case.
As patient advocates, the goal of our team at the Osteo Health Clinic is to be proactive in helping you lower your risk for bone loss and potential fractures with preventive care and personalized treatment plans to ensure a thriving quality of life.
What to Expect
- Your initial appointment will last about 30-45 minutes, allowing for adequate time to get to know you and evaluate your bone health, and finally, better understand potential risks.
- We complete a thorough medical history review and discuss your lifestyle and goals (including nutrition, exercise, vitamins, and fall prevention).
- If necessary, you will be scheduled for a DEXA scan (bone density scan) and lab tests at Thomas Hospital.
- Your follow-up visit will then allow us to review your test results so that you fully understand your recommended treatment options and customized treatment plan.
- Our team will continue to actively partner with you with the goal to strive for optimal bone health. This may involve meeting with us at 6-month or one-year intervals, as well as a two-year follow-up DEXA scan evaluation and review.
Treatment may include the following:
- Fall and Fracture Prevention
- Nutrition Changes
- Calcium and Vitamin D supplementation
- Exercise Planning / Physical Therapy
How to Schedule Your First Appointment
If you are over the age of 50 or have suffered from a fragility fracture, schedule a consultation with Clinic Coordinator, Holly Scott, CRNP by calling 251.625.2663 or schedule a consultation online. We look forward to meeting you soon to get started with a game plan to ensure a strong, active lifestyle for years to come.
Meet Our Team
- Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology: Georgia Southern University
- Accelerated Master of Science in Nursing Pathway: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Master of Science in Family Nurse Practitioner: University of Alabama at Birmingham.