Baldwin Bone & Joint, P.C. participates in most health care plans. If we are participating providers for your insurance company, you will be responsible for your co-pay or deductible at the time of service and we will gladly file your claim for you.
If we are not participating providers for your insurance company, you will be responsible for paying in full at the time of service and filing your own claim. It must be understood that the patient, not the insurance company, is ultimately responsible for payment of the bill. Those patients paying privately are responsible for services when they are rendered. VISA, MasterCard, Discover & American Express are accepted.
It is very important that you inform us immediately of any changes in your health insurance coverage. Please bring your insurance card with you to each visit.
Pain Medicine Policy
Use of pain medication has certain risks including, but not limited to: nausea, constipation, itching, allergic reaction, slowing of breathing, sleepiness, slowing of reflex and reaction time, physical dependence, addiction and fatal overdose.
- Medications should be used only as directed.
- Refill of medications will be provided to patients by phone only if prior arrangements have been made and noted in clinic chart.
- All other refill requests are subject to review by physician and will require a minimum of 48 hours.
- No refill request will be taken by office staff or nurse after 4:00 pm Monday-Thursday or after 12:00 noon on Friday.
- If you have not been seen by physician within the past 3 months, refill of pain medications will require an office visit.
We are available and on-call 24 hours, 7 days a week, including holidays, for emergencies. If you have an emergency, please call our office at (251) 625-2663.
If a prescription refill is needed, please call your pharmacist to determine if an authorized refill is available. If a refill is not available, please call our office at (251) 625-BONE (2663) during normal office hours. We are unable to refill prescriptions for narcotics or pain relievers when the office is closed. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Allow 24 hours for processing.